Daina L. Search
Daina Search practices in all areas of management-side labour and employment law. She is based out of the firm’s Toronto office.
Daina has particular expertise in the following areas:
- -representing employers in grievance arbitrations;
- -representing employers in matters before the Ontario Labour Relations Board and the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario;
- -representing employers in matters before the courts, including wrongful dismissal claims;
- -representing employers in respect of Employment Standards Claims;
representing employers at mediation;
- -providing advice with respect to disciplinary and dismissal matters;
- -providing advice with respect to managing human rights issues in the workplace, including accommodation;
- -representing employers at interest arbitration; and
- -drafting employment contracts and policies.
Daina summered and articled at the firm before joining as an Associate upon her call to the bar in 2013.
Daina is a co-author of Carswell publication Canada Labour Code: Quick Reference. She has also been published in several labour and employment law periodicals. Daina served as a Contributing Editor of the Canadian Labour Relations Board Reports from 2013 to 2015.
EducationDaina received her Juris Doctor from the University of Western Ontario in 2012 and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2013. While at Western, Daina was the recipient of the Edna Yuet-Lui Chan Memorial Award. She also served as a teaching assistant for Professor Rande Kostal. Prior to attending law school, Daina received an Honours Bachelor of Science degree specializing in genetics from McMaster University.
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Ontario Bar Association
- The Canadian Bar Association