Definitive Digital Defence: A Conversation in Cybersecurity Awareness and Preparedness
The data of Canadian businesses is increasingly under threat of cyberattack and security breach. With the rapidly-evolving state of privacy laws and digital technology, legal practitioners need to be vigilant in combatting attacks from cybercriminals and securing the data held by their firms and clients. Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP’s Cybersecurity team is here to ensure that you stay up-to-date on emerging cybersecurity developments and keep you and your clients' most valuable business assets protected.
This interactive seminar will provide legal practitioners with the knowledge necessary to prevent, control, and defend cybersecurity incidents in Canada. Three of our Cybersecurity team members will share their expert strategies and pragmatic advice on:
- Navigating the legal and regulatory landscape affecting Canadian businesses and their data
- Conducting organizational risk assessments and implementing data protection measures
- Responding effectively to cybercrimes, including timely cyberattack identification and investigation, digital forensics, insurance, vendor management, stakeholder communications, public relations, and remediation
- Reporting cybersecurity incidents to privacy commissioners and other regulatory bodies
- Defending regulatory proceedings and litigation arising from data breaches or privacy compliance issues
- Managing nationwide or worldwide cybersecurity risks for businesses with data infrastructure outside of Canada
We look forward to hosting you at our webinar.
Matthew R. Vella
Lucas J. Mapplebeck