Employment Contracts: What Canadian Employers Need to Know
Employment agreements are one of the most effective tools employers have at their disposal, particularly when it comes to limiting termination costs and liability. However, contracts need to be precisely drafted to ensure they are binding, enforceable, and serve their desired purpose. AEC has assembled a panel of knowledgeable speakers from coast to coast who, in this informative webinar, will review the latest case law developments, as well as provide practical tips and strategies to address these common contractual issues:
- Termination provisions: is it possible to limit an employee’s entitlements to the minimums prescribed by legislation?
- Fixed-term agreements: are time-limited contracts ever a good idea?
- Incentives and bonuses: will an employee be entitled to these forms of compensation post-termination?
- Restrictive covenants: just how restrictive can they be?
- Amending an agreement: can terms and conditions of employment be revised after a contract is in place?
- The COVID effect: how has the ongoing pandemic changed the drafting of employment agreements?
Jacques Provencher – LeCorre Lawyers
Casey Dockendorff – Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP
Vicki Giles – McLennan Ross LLP
Dean Crawford – Pulver Crawford Munroe LLP
Melissa Beaumont – Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP
Geoff Breen – Cox & Palmer
Who should attend?
This webinar is designed for in-house counsel, human resources and labour relations professionals.
REGISTER TO VIEW ONLINE