Bill 148 Update: What does it mean for unionized workplaces?
About this topic:
Bill 148, the Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017, is now law. In our January seminar, we will review the ways in which Bill 148 amends the Labour Relations Act, 1995.
Topics will include:
- Card-based certification in the building services, home care and community services, and temporary help agency industries
- Applications for employee lists
- Remedial certification
- First collective agreement mediation and mediation-arbitration
- Just cause protection after certification
- Structural reviews of bargaining units
- Successor rights for building services contracts and publicly-funded contracts
- Return to work after a strike or lock-out
Seminar attendees will gain a thorough understanding of the changes to the Labour Relations Act, 1995 and methods for navigating through the new labour relations regime.
Melanie McNaught and Cassandra Ma.