Cheech and Chong go to Work: Legal Marijuana and Criminal Record Checks
About this topic:
With the legalization of marijuana and impending changes to Ontario's regime for criminal record checks, October and November bring important developments for Ontario's workplaces. This seminar will outline the impending legislative changes related to recreational marijuana and criminal record checks, providing employers with a great opportunity to ensure that they have the up-to-date knowledge they need to ensure they comply with the new regimes.
Participants will learn about:
- The types of criminal record checks under the new legal regime;
- Requesting criminal record checks;
- Employers' rights, duties and obligations relating to recreational marijuana use;
- Workplace drug testing; and
- Best practices relating to addressing possible workplace impairment.
Sarah Crossley, Laura Freitag and James Jennings.
REGISTER TO ATTEND
REGISTER TO VIEW ONLINE