Managing Employee Terminations
About this topic:
You’ve made the difficult decision to terminate an employee’s employment. What’s next? Managing employee terminations can be tricky, as the process is often upsetting for both parties. For the employer, it comes with significant legal and reputational risks. In this upcoming seminar, we will discuss key considerations when preparing for and conducting the termination of an employee’s employment.
This seminar will:
- Review an employer’s basic obligations upon termination of employment;
- Provide tips on developing a reasonable severance offer;
- Outline best practices for drafting termination letters;
- Discuss key strategies for conducting termination meetings; and
- Review next steps if an employee rejects the severance package offered.
Attendees will leave with a better understanding of how to make the best of an unpleasant but necessary process.
Alexa Sulzenko, Anne Marie Heenan and Alexandra Jamieson.