2021: Another Novel Year, Another Novel Review
As the global pandemic continues and businesses face the associated challenges, 2021 has become another hallmark year for labour and employment law developments. This webinar will provide participants with an overview of the legal developments of 2021, analysis of the key changes relevant to employers, and insight into key issues expected to arise in 2022.
Topics covered in this engaging webinar will include the following:
- Wrongful dismissal litigation: how have the courts addressed CERB and Infectious Disease Emergency Leave?
- Human rights and accommodation: what obligations arise in administering vaccination and masking policies?
- Potential new tort actions: what impact does the new internet harassment tort have on Ontario workplaces?
- Independent contractors and employees: should gig economy workers be considered employees?
- Competing labour and human rights jurisdiction: how have the Courts address unionized workers bringing claims in other forums?
- Legislative changes: what should employers know about the newly introduced Working for Workers Act, 2021?
We look forward to having you at our webinar!
Register via Zoom