Drugs & Alcohol in the Canadian Workplace
Impairment and substance use disorders are among some of the most challenging workplace issues for employers to navigate. Even amidst the ongoing pandemic, during which remote work arrangements have become increasingly common, drug and alcohol related issues persist.
This webinar updates attendees on the latest legal developments in this area. It will also review practical strategies – in the context of both the physical and remote workplace – that can be implemented to effectively manage drug and alcohol issues. This engaging and informative session will cover the following topics:
- Workplace Safety: The extent to which employers need to be concerned about impairment
- Cannabis: Identifying and managing recreational vs medicinal use
- Drug & Alcohol Testing: Permitted forms of testing and associated risks
- Disability: How far the duty to accommodate extends
- Workplace Policies: Best practices to reduce risk and limit liability