Off-Duty Conduct: When is it an Employer’s Business?
While Canada makes progress in its fight against COVID-19, some issues such as the continued use of masks and vaccinations remain more contentious than ever. Employees are entitled to express their opinions outside of the workplace, but at what point does off-duty conduct become a workplace issue?
Join us for an engaging and informative discussion that will answer some of the most pressing questions relating to off-duty conduct, including:
- When can an employer discipline or dismiss an employee for conduct they engage in outside of the workplace?
- Are employees entitled to express negative opinions about their employer on social media?
- Can employees freely participate on protests about public health orders if it has a negative effect on morale and/or workplace safety?
- To what extent can employers restrict an employee’s travel plans during the pandemic?
- How should employers investigate the off-duty conduct of their employees?
Presenters: Carissa Tanzola, Janeta Zurakowski, Emily La Mantia and Mark Van Ginkel
REGISTER TO VIEW ONLINE